For whom is the programme?
- Ph.D. students with a subject-appropriate academic background.
- Post-doctoral researchers with a subject-appropriate academic background.
Participants are expected to:
- be able to speak, read and write in English.
- undertake preparatory reading in advance of the programme.
- attend all lectures and seminar sessions.
- be actively engaged with the topics of the sessions.
- attend the ICOHTEC 2020 Symposium and present a paper there as a single or coauthor.
- submit a final assignment of 2,000-2,500 words on one of the topics discussed in the Summer School within six weeks after the summer school.
Application for this course:
- Deadline for application: 2nd March, 2020 or max. 20 participants.
- Applicants must send the following data by email file attachments to Maria Elvira Callapez: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) A brief one-page cv, which must include the main personal data, academic training and career, selected publications and e-mail for further contact.
2) A short statement of purpose (350-400 words) detailing your academic reasons for wishing to attend the summer school. This should include your expectations what you hope to get out of the summer school and its education, and what you are likely to contribute to the intellectual life of the summer school. This may include details of history, political or social science courses you have previously taken, or the relevance of the summer school to your present course of study or professional development. If you are preparing a thesis or research paper at the moment, please write a brief description of it. Include also the title of your possible paper submission to the ICOHTEC Symposium, which follows the Summer School (Further information: http://www.icohtec.org/wannual-meeting/eindhoven-2020/
3) A letter of recommendation by your teacher or supervisor, referring to your application to the ICOHTEC Summer School.
The subject line of the email should be “Summer School Application” and in the titles of your file attachments mark your surname first and then the title of the file (e.g. Smith_CV).
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After you have submitted your application, you will receive a response by 31 March 2020.
A maximum of 20 participants!!!
Members of the Summer School Committee
- Maria Elvira Callapez (chair), Portugal
- Karena Kalmbach, The Netherlands
- Sofia Alexia Papazafeiropoulou, Greece
- Magdalena Zdrodowska, Poland